James H. Kim, DDS and Michelle Y. Kim, DDS
"Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won't even know you're straightening your teeth." [http://www.invisalign.com/how-invisalign-works]
Benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces:
- Better aesthetics (nearly invisible as opposed to the appearance of metal brackets).
- Comfort - the aligners are made of smooth and comfortable plastic, free of BPA. NO irritation of the cheeks, tongue and gum as can be had with the wires and brackets associated with traditional braces.
- You can floss! - trays are entirely removable, thus allowing the ability to floss at anytime (you must use special picks/brushes around the brackets of traditional braces). Without these brackets, there will be less plaque accumulation resulting in better oral hygiene practices and allowing for better overall periodontal health.
- There are usually less visits to see the doctor; simply replace the aligners every 2 weeks and see your Invisalign provider roughly every 5-6 weeks for check ups.
- Do you have an important meeting? A big date? Aligners can be removed for those special occasions, unlike braces.
- The stains around the margins associated with veneers (and other crown-type procedures to improve aesthetics) are virtually non-existant with Invisalign.
- Any Invisalign certified dentist will be able to provide your services - no need to see an orthodontist.
How long does it take to complete?
- The complexity of the case usually dictates the length of treatment, so please make an appointment for a free consultation to get a better idea of what to expect
Would I be a good candidate for Invisalign?
- The consultation will give you a better idea of what to expect, and if you decide to proceed, the impressions we take will be sent to the Invisialign technicians who will report back with treatment prognosis and an estimated timeframe for completion of treatment. What's more, we will be able to provide a 3-D display on the computer showing what your teeth can look like during each stage of the treatment phase.